The Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs has always lived by the eternal sentiment of “treat others as you would have them treat you.” During such uncertain times, these words mean more than ever as we navigate our way forward.
To us, this means caring for each other, taking responsible actions to stop the spread of COVID-19, and protecting our people and all who choose to stay with us. This also means continuing to offer a comforting and enjoyable experience to our guests, as well as a safe workplace for our team.
We understand the concerns which surround the recent spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, and want to remind our guests of the continuous efforts we make on a daily basis to provide a welcoming and clean environment at our hotel.
We have provided all team members with guidelines and training designed to help us respond to the threat of infectious diseases, including updated information intended to address questions raised by COVID-19 specifically.
This guidance is informed by recommendations from various health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local authorities. It outlines, among other things:
- The symptoms of COVID-19 and how it is transmitted based on current information.
- Steps that can be taken to help minimize the risk of transmission.
- How to address guests or team members who are or may be ill.
- Reporting infectious diseases to local health authorities or the CDC as required.
- Operational procedures for cleaning and disinfecting common surfaces and guest rooms.
- The appropriate use of personal protective equipment by team members in the presence of potential biohazards.
- Guidance for communicating with guests and team members.
- Following the recommendations of local health authorities and/or the CDC, where practicable.
As a small boutique property, our everyday standards have always included cleaning guestrooms and public areas with a disinfecting sanitizer, with special focus on “high touch areas” such as telephones, remote controls, door handles, light switches and table tops, among others. Given the current environment, we are even more focused and committed on the enforcement of such standards.
We also understand your need for flexibility when planning future travel and visits to The Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs. To that end, we will continue to allow cancellations without fees up to 11 am on the day of arrival.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time; we look forward to welcoming you again soon.