We at the Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs (“Box Canyon Lodge” or “we”) respect your preferences concerning the treatment of Personal Information that we may collect. This policy lets you know how we collect and use your Personal Information and describes our practices regarding information collected from the Box Canyon Lodge site or for sites that link or refer to this site, computer or mobile software applications, social media pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages), as well as through offline sales and marketing activities (collectively, the “Channels”).
Personal and Other Information We Collect
Through your interaction with and use of the Channels Box Canyon Lodge and Hot Springs may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, company affiliation and associated interests.
Box Canyon Lodge may also collect Other Information through your interaction with and use of this website, which does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual. Other Information may include, but is not limited to, browser and device information, data collected through automated electronic interactions, application usage data, demographic information, geographic or geo-location information, statistical and aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but it may be derived from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular zip code.
In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining a precise geographical location with your name. If we combine Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Use and Share Information
The Box Canyon Lodge uses and shares the Personal Information it collects (unless otherwise restricted by applicable law), to:
- Engage in Transactions. Box Canyon Lodge may use Personal Information to engage in transactions with you.
- Process Transactions. Box Canyon Lodge may use Personal Information along with, financial, credit card, and payment information, to process your transactions.
- Provide Support or Other Services. Box Canyon Lodge may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you have ordered.
- Tailor Marketing to Your Needs and Respond to Your Requests. Box Canyon Lodge may use your Personal Information to notify you about upcoming events and happenings in Ouray, and to advertise Box Canyon Lodge’s services in accordance with this Policy. Box Canyon Lodge may also use Personal Information in order to respond directly to your information requests (including newsletter registrations or other specific requests).
- Obtain Third Party Services. We also share Personal Information with third parties who provide services to Box Canyon Lodge, such as credit card processing services, analytics, web site management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar services. When Box Canyon Lodge shares Personal Information with third party service providers, we require that they use your Personal Information only for the purpose of providing services to us and subject to terms consistent with this Policy.
- Comply with Legal Requirements. Box Canyon Lodge may disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use, transfer, and disclose Other Information we collect for any purpose, except where applicable law requires otherwise. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we will only use it in the same way that we are permitted to use and disclose Personal Information.
How We Collect Information
Box Canyon Lodge and our third party service providers may collect both Personal Information and Other Informationfrom a variety of sources that generally fall into two categories:
- Direct Interactions: From your use of and interaction with us through the Channels and other activities such as submission of booking requests and subsequent transactions.
- Automated Interactions: From the use of technologies such as electronic communication protocols, embedded URLs, widgets or buttons and tools.
Although Box Canyon Lodge’s use of Automated Interactions may change over time as technology evolves, the following descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about Box Canyon Lodge’s current approach to information collected from Automated Interactions.
Electronic Communications Protocols: As is true when you visit most websites, Box Canyon Lodge may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), your IP address (which may identify your general geographic location or company), and date and time. Box Canyon Lodge may also automatically receive and record information about your interaction with the Channels, such as clickstream information (when each Box Canyon Lodge webpage was visited and how much time was spent on the page), or general geo-location data.
Retention and Deletion
Box Canyon Lodge will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
At the end of the retention period, Box Canyon Lodge will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Box Canyon Lodge uses some third parties to administer a limited set of Box Canyon Lodge advertisements on third party electronic channels. No Personal Information is provided to the advertisers as part of this process, but aggregate profile information or Other Information, such as implied or inferred interests, may be used in the selection of advertising to make sure that it has relevance to the user.
Note that this section pertains only to advertising to market Box Canyon Lodge products and services performed on Box Canyon Lodge’s behalf.
The security of your Personal Information is very important to Box Canyon Lodge. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In addition, Box Canyon Lodge uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details. When you enter sensitive Personal Information such as your credit card number on our site, we encrypt it using secure socket layer (SSL) technology.
In the event that your Personal Information is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Box Canyon Lodge will notify you by e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail. Box Canyon Lodge will give you notice promptly, consistent with the reasonable needs of law enforcement and/or Box Canyon Lodge to determine the scope of the breach and to investigate and restore the integrity of the data system.
We ask that you not send us, and you not share any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., credit card numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership).